Sunday, February 3, 2008

Feb, 3, 2003 - We Will Never Forget

April 5, 1962 ~~ February, 2003

"what we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose . . . for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

The Time: 2:21 AM

The Place: The House of Blues

The relentlessly cheerful California girl, still dreaming of stardom, despite years of restaurant work and trashy TV roles clocked out of the Hollywood hot spot and reluctantly climbs into a limousine for "one drink only" at Phil Spector's "1930s Moorish castle" on the fringes of LA. DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

Some said if Phil had had his usual driver, nothing would have happened. His usual driver would have said, "No, Phil, you promised," when he ordered a drink at the Grill early that evening; he would have said, "Come on, Phil, no drinking," when he ordered another one at Dan Tana's; he would have said, "Phil, you know how you get," and taken the next one away from him when they went to Trader Vic's. And later when Phil was downing Bacardi 150's and champagne at the House of Blues, the driver would have said, "OK, buddy, I'm taking you home now," and then later that night, when the gun went off, the driver would have said, "No problem, I'll take care of it". DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

But instead Spector came out of his castle, gun in hand, and said to the substitute limo driver, "I think I just killed someone". Perhaps we will never know at what point the gun was drawn, who produced it, or why. We wonder what difference that makes in the scheme of things anyway. DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

But we do know this special lady was shot in the face and when authorities arrived, Lana was dead as she sat waiting to leave, lying in a pool of blood in the marble foyer, while Phil Spector wandered about his house washing his hands and churning alibis, as the essence of life drained from her lovely body. DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

Spector's long history - forever angry, selfish, impulsive, manipulative, depraved, indulged, appeased, self-centred, grandiose, pleasured by guns, and violent abuse of women was well-known in that strange place called Hollywood. Phil has never once been held publicly accountable for his actions. And because of his unaccountability how could Lana have imagined what lay ahead? DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

Five years after the beast dragged the beauty to his lair on that winter night five years ago, little could she have known, he would finally snap ~ unable to handle his liquor, refusing to abide a simple rejection, one more door closing, one more pair of lovely footsteps skittering away, that there was so much to fear. DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

This son of Satan, master of madness, demon of depravity, who would make the Marquise de Sade proud, still walks the halls of his Castle a free man. Manipulation of the system, countless legal tricks, he is still free. And those who loved the real Lana Clarkson sit and wait. Wait for the Justice that has to happen. Doesn't it? DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

Among those who knew and loved the real Lana Clarkson, some mysteriously woke up at 2:21 AM, others didn't sleep at all. But all of us stand together to demand Justice. We will not forget, we will not rest until he sits behind bars and pays for distinguishing the light that was Lana. DON'T GO LANA DON'T GO

We light candles for Lana at: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=lana

One special personal friend of Lana remembers with these lyrics:

Not Ready To Make Nice - Lyrics/Dixie Chicks

Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting

I’m through with doubt
There’s nothing left for me to figure out
I’ve paid a price
And I’ll keep paying

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

I know you said
Can’t you just get over it
It turned my whole world around
And I kind of like it

I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting.

UNTIL THERE IS JUSTICE WE WON'T GO LANA ~~ WE WON'T GO



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five years, how sad. Sad that Lana went for that 1 drink. Sad that a vibrant life was shortened by a sadistic, mysoginistic, egomaniac.

How even more sad that Lana's friends and family are still waiting for justice after 5 grueling years.

Sad that society values "celebrity" over the rest of us.

Sad that 1 jury foreman's ego wasted 5 months of excellent prosecution.

Sad that sometimes, money does buy everything.

Anonymous said...

I will never forget you Lana. Never.My sweet Angel.

To: Phil you are on notice. You are going down for what you did. How the hell can you live with yourself? The ENTIRE world knows what you did.

To The Los Angeles D.A.:Get the job done, this no joke. As I type this at 11.27 AM - PST, my friend was STILL lying dead in that horrible chair on 02/03/03. AJ and Pat Dixon did their very best. A damn good job.Mr D.A., you know exactly where and how you blew this case.

To the Defense Attorneys Past and Present: Pack it up. Some of your witnesses committed Perjury and should be prosecuted. You know it. Locate your conscience, I last saw it lying on the floor.

To Pie: STOP YOUR LIES: You're not fooling anyone.
Go away. Get out of town. Leave. Get It? Your Safeway cart awaits you. You said you wanted to own your own home. Were there you go.

That about covers it.

I will never forget Lana Clarkson.


Never.

R.I.P

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute to Lana Clarkson..I thank you for the beautiful picture of Lana..that should be shown each day somewhere for all to see..a beautiful light and spirit does live on in her deeds and in those of us who demand JUSTICE for this demonic crime. today is a day of reflection for me but I think of her each day and will until her killer is behind bars for the remainder of his life... because EVERYBODY KNOWS it has been proven he is guilty once and he will be found guilty again...Everybody Knows.....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for so eloquently expressing what so many of us are thinking. It is sad that the beautiful Lana was killed five years ago and her killer still evades justice. I just hope that the Clarkson family takes some comfort from the fact that so many of us still remember and love her and look forward to a long awaited justice being served.

Anonymous said...

Pirate, a beautiful tribute to Lana.
May the family and friends of Lana find some comfort with each other, with thier memories,and knowing Lana has touched many lives.
Lana, your light will shine forever.
Justice will be served.

Anonymous said...

Never forget...

NEVER… forget Lana was a victim.

Tears for Lana…will never be

wasted.

Hope for Justice…is realistic.

Time to heal…one day at a time.

Always remember…a wonderful life

cut short.

Peace & Love…to her family and

true friends.

Conscience with ethics …for all

connected in the next trial.

Pray for a sound jury…with good

judgment and fortitude…for they

will prevail.

AND

Accountability...

for Harvey Philip Spector.

S.

Anonymous said...

I light a candle for Lana every day and wait for the time that her killer will finally be brought to justice. And he will. Fool a jury once, but not twice: that twisted little psycho will pay.

Pirate, thank you for this beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman who should still be here with us.

Anonymous said...

Accidents happen. It is sad that Lana Clarkson died but the sadness is felt by both sides. Accidents happen.

Anonymous said...

Accidents will happen. Especially if someone if blind, stinking drunk and has so many complexes Freud would not know where to begin. And and huge ego. And an inability to except responsibility due to vanity and sense of superiority.

His most recent "eulogy" of Ike Turner was once again a pontification that was really all about him, not his pal Ike.

He will be in for a rude awakening when it all catches up with him in the end. Instant Karma? Maybe not. Only because it has been bought and paid for. So far.

Had he just admitted what he had done, he could have saved everyone involved, including CA. taxpayers and even himself, time, money and most of all suffering. What an incredibly vain and useless little man his is.

Bless you Lana, your spirit lives on.

Anonymous said...

To cs: " Accidents happen?" What world do you live in?
IF you are Chelle Spector, you don't belong here.If you are so damn "sad", then get on the stand and testify. Do the right thing,
Talk is cheap.
Make NO mistake this was no accident. It's M2 plain as the day is long. If you are aware of the law in The State of California you would know your husband was drunk and that does not discard "Implied Malice".
Who ever you are, catch up, read the case law, study the evidence and for God's sake, get a clue. Your comment was offensive, ignorant and very telling.
My friend is DEAD and Phil Spector is accountable.
Your days of denial and living a lie are numbered.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute for a wonderful lady. You're right - WE WON'T GO....ever. The memory of Lana will remain forever in our hearts.

To "cs", this was no "accident". With Spector's history with guns, this was a long time coming. It was just a matter of time. People knew it and stayed silent and even when they DID speak up, no one listened. Silence it not always "golden", it can be deadly and it was. In this case a beautiful woman was murdered at the hands of a drunken mad man. Nope, no accident - it was just waiting to happen.

To "Jesuslovesme...", I envy your friendship with Lana. I would have loved to have known her. Unlike the saggy boobed, scraggly haired washed up "Pie", you were and remain a TRUE FRIEND of Lana.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful angel , now in heaven.

Pirate, this is the most beautiful and moving tribute to Lana! May she rest in peace and her family find comfort that justice will come this year.

I take comfort in knowing the madman who killed her will soon be in prison orange where he belongs and even after that he will burn in hell for eternity!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When Lana Clarkson was murdered, there wasn't one person in Los Angeles with any connection to the music business who didn't respond with, "I can't believe it took this long for him to kill someone."

Accident? Only if you believe that it's possible for the sun to rise in the West and that Elvis is still alive. That kind of illogic is exactly why the concept of "reasonable doubt" has become such a joke in our courts.

Whoever you are, please take your insulting accident theory and your wimpy bleating about sadness on both sides, and find another forum. This one is for people who know the truth and want to honor Lana's memory, not trash it with that kind of drivel.

Lana shouldn't be dead. Spector should have been in prison four years ago. That is not theory, that is the truth.

Petunia said...

This is an absolutely lovely tribute to Lana.

It's heart breaking to think her family and true friends have had to wait this long (and longer)for Justice to be served. I say that with confidence that PS2 will result in Justice for Lana with the severe punishment of her murderer.

Anonymous said...

It was only an "accident" in the sense that the gun went off this time as it had NOT in the numerous times he had pulled guns on people to get his own, sick, perverted way in the past. Rather, it was an accident waiting to happen.

Anonymous said...

shake it, shake it Sugaree~ :)